This site comes to you from Harborne, Birmingham, UK
and has been online since 1995
Click here for www.davidsemporium.co.uk.
"Something to think about"
"INSTRUCTIONS FOR LIFE"
by The Dalai Lama, 2000.
- Take into account that great love and great achievements involve great risks.
- When you lose, don't lose the lesson.
- Follow the three R's.... RESPECT for self, RESPECT for others, and RESPONSIBILITY for all your actions.
- Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a wonderful stroke of luck.
- Learn the rules, so that you know how to break them properly.
- Don't let a little dispute injure a great friendship.
- When you realise that you have made a mistake, take immediate steps to correct it.
- Spend some time alone every day.
- Open your arms to change, but don't let go of your values.
- Remember that silence is sometimes the best answer.
- Live a good honourable life. Then when you get older and think back, you'll be able to enjoy it a second time.
- A loving atmosphere in your home is the foundation of your life.
- In disagreements with loved ones, deal only with the current situation. Don't bring up the past.
- Share your knowledge. It is the way to achieve immortality.
- Be gentle with the earth.
- Once a year go somewhere you've never been before.
- Remember that the best relationship is one in which your love for each other exceeds the need for each other.
- Judge your success by what you had to give up in order to get it.
- Approach love and cooking with reckless abandon.
by The Dalai Lama, 2000
Click HERE to return to the INDEX OR Click HERE for the next page in the series.
HERE ARE THE REST OF MY PAGES....
Select a page and press "GO"
Feedback or Comments?
Please Sign My Guestbook
View My Guestbook
SEARCH DAVID'S EMPORIUM SITE
Send electronic mail and save trees!!
SAVE THE RAINFORESTS, NOW!!
Every click on this site generates a donation to the
Nature Conservancy's "Adopt an Acre" programme.
END OF THIS PAGE.